Incoming mail for users

Incoming mail for users

Postby Stuart » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Alex

Can you tell me how to create a filter that will only deliver incoming email to users listed in local Accounts - > domain - Users only.
If the users are not in local accounts -> domain -> users the incoming email is to be blocked and discarded.

I have tried and several times and I do not seem to be able to get it working all of the time.

Thanks
Stuart

Developer

Re: Incoming mail for users

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Stuart,

You could use condition "if last recipient is local" under OnRecipient event, but it only checks if recipient's domain is local. For strict comparison you need to put all accounts into flat text files and use condition "if last recipient in file". By the way, what is the point checking recipient in eWall if mail server will do it for you anyway?

Postby Stuart » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:28 am

Hi Alex

I do not use any filters at all in hMailServer. We back up incoming mail and what seems to happen is that mail that is not addresses to a user is backed up as well, say an email is delivered to shane@xxxxxxxxx.com.au which is a legitimate address it is backed up to
Incoming
- 09-01-2014
- shane@xxxxxxxxx.com.au
-email1.eml
-email2.eml
-shanen@xxxxxxxxx.com.au
-email1.eml

What happens is that there may be an incoming email addressed to shanen@xxxxxxxxx.com.au (spam) and this is also backed up as shown above.

What I am trying to do is create rules based on the individual users as shown under the domains in eWall (as they are easy to add or remove and are in one place). Sometimes we want certain users to have different abilities. I use text files in eWall and have used them in eWall 3 but sometimes they seemed to be ignored, I seem to recall (but I could be wrong) you saying somewhere in the forums (probably for eWall 3) that lists could behave eratically at times.

The main problem with using text files is that I have to physically log into the mailserver and then manually change the file, it is not always possible to do this whereas eWall is easily accessable without having to remotely access the mail server.

Another question, is it possible to export and import the Sender Whitelist in Paranoid?

Thanks
Stuart

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:18 am

In which mailbox email sent at shanen@ will end?

Yes, it's possible to export accounts from Sender Whitelist in Paranoid and import into eWall.

Postby Stuart » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 am

The email to shanen@xxxxxxxxx.com.au does not get delivered to any valid email address. Probably delivered to the postmaster.xxxxxxxxx.com.au mailbox where all mail not sent to a recognised account holder ends up, this account is automatically emptied each day.

Worked out how to export White/Black Lists from Paranoid, Thanks.

Stuart

Return to Filters and scripts