Archive filter: empty delete attachment list ...

Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Archive filter: empty delete attachment list ...

Postby alexbromo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi,

We activated the ZIP archive filter to delete executables files from compressed archives. It runs ok, but in the mail footer does not appears the name of the ZIPfile, below the footer message:

"This message was scanned by eWall v4.0.2.34
The following attachments were deleted:" <empty>


When do you plain to extend the verify to other type of compressed files ?

:)

ALex.
Last edited by alexbromo on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby Alexander Telegin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:18 pm

It could happen if filename is missing or contains non-ASCII chars.

What other compressed types would you like to filter? It can be easily extended.

Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby alexbromo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Alexander Telegin wrote:It could happen if filename is missing or contains non-ASCII chars.

What other compressed types would you like to filter? It can be easily extended.

Alexander,

For test purposes i activated on eWall both filters ("attachment" and "archive"), then i sent a mail with attachment named "cdbxpp.exe" and after few minutes i received a cleaned mail with footer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was scanned by eWall v4.0.2.34
The following attachments were deleted: cdbxpp.exe


when i sent a mail with attachment named "cdbxpp.zip" (archive containing "cdbxpp.exe") i received a cleaned mail with footer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was scanned by eWall v4.0.2.34
The following attachments were deleted:


with missing filename, is it normal ?

Furthermore, is there also a method to send a copy of the original e-mail (before cleaning) to a specific email addrress (e.g. postmaster@domain ?)

Thank you !

ALex.

Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Archive filter: empty delete attachment list ...

Postby alexbromo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:13 am

Some suggestion ? :)

ALex.

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby Alexander Telegin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:06 pm

alexbromo wrote:Furthermore, is there also a method to send a copy of the original e-mail (before cleaning) to a specific email addrress (e.g. postmaster@domain ?)


Yes, there's an action "send copy at ..." under OnMessage event.

If attachment was removed by top filter, the next filter won't see it. Could you please provide the original email as .eml source, I'll test here.

Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby alexbromo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Alexander Telegin wrote:
alexbromo wrote:Furthermore, is there also a method to send a copy of the original e-mail (before cleaning) to a specific email addrress (e.g. postmaster@domain ?)


Yes, there's an action "send copy at ..." under OnMessage event.

If attachment was removed by top filter, the next filter won't see it. Could you please provide the original email as .eml source, I'll test here.


How to send to you the .eml file ?

ALex.

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:47 pm

alexbromo wrote:How to send to you the .eml file ?


This is raw email format. You can save email to disk from email client you use, then zip and send to me.

Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby alexbromo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:38 am

Alexander Telegin wrote:
alexbromo wrote:How to send to you the .eml file ?


This is raw email format. You can save email to disk from email client you use, then zip and send to me.


Yes Alexander, my question was about how to send the file to you (e-mail ?)

Thanks

ALex.

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Archive filter: empty delete attachment list ...

Postby Alexander Telegin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:13 pm

You can zip it and send as attachment. If I understood your question properly.

Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Archive filter: empty deleattachment list ...

Postby alexbromo » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Alexander Telegin wrote:
alexbromo wrote:Furthermore, is there also a method to send a copy of the original e-mail (before cleaning) to a specific email addrress (e.g. postmaster@domain ?)


Yes, there's an action "send copy at ..." under OnMessage event.

If attachment was removed by top filter, the next filter won't see it. Could you please provide the original email as .eml source, I'll test here.


Alexander, there is only a "Action: Send reply" in my filter's settings panel ...

ALex.

Return to Filters and scripts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests