Email White List issues

Email White List issues

Postby Stuart » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:40 am

I am having problems white listing some email addresses. A person that I am trying to whitelist may give their email address as michael.bbbbbb@inter.com.au, I then add this email address to the email white list and all should be well for mail from this email address as any address in the white list is excluded from extensive checking by eWall.

In some cases what then happens is, the actual sending address is 'Return-Path: Prvs=16938e5224=michael.bbbbbb@inter.com.au' and the email ends up in the spam folder as it is not picked up by eWall as being white listed. The numbers in the address change each time an email is received from this address. I have tried white listing 'Prvs=16938e5224=michael.bbbbbb@inter.com.au and Prvs=*=michael.bbbbbb@inter.com.au' but they still get marked as spam.

Is there a way to effectively white list senders where their actual email address is different from the email address that they think that they are using?

Developer

Re: Email White List issues

Postby Alexander Telegin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:39 am

You can use regular expression, e.g.

Code: Select all
if sender matches expression Prvs=(.*)=michael.bbbbbb@inter.com.au
then stop filters

Postby Stuart » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 am

Hi Alex

Thanks for that.

I am trying to add this address to the Lists->Email Lists->Good and am unable to save it to the good list
MAIL FROM:<donotreply+morningnote-arc=stuart=xxxxxxxxx.com.au@mail.morningstar.com.au>

Is there some way to save this (and other emails like this one) to the good list easily?

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:33 am

Unfortunately, no. Email list accepts emails only in standard format.

Postby Stuart » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:06 pm

If I can not add the email to the white list how can I ensure that these and like emails (donotreply+morningnote-arc=stuart=xxxxx ... tar.com.au) are passed through? It seems that an ever increasing volume of legitimate emails are sent from addresses like these.

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:56 am

If some part of email address is dynamic, you could try catch valid senders with regular expression:

Code: Select all
if sender matches expression 'donotreply+morningnote-arc=stuart=(.*)@inter.com.au'
then stop filters

You will see in log if sender address match to the pattern.

Return to Filters and scripts