!Error: Recipient's address is missing

Junior Member
User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:13 pm

!Error: Recipient's address is missing

Postby Johan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 pm

I am completely stumped.. I have removed all scripting, turned off all filters and still cannot drop a msg into the queue with it running into this error. This is fustrating as I have been using eWall for a very long time. I remember having this issue back in 2004. For the life of me I cannot figure this one out and need some help! I have had my msg headers in this format for years and suddenly I am getting this error. Please help!!!

Here is what my msg header looks like:

X-EW-To: tome@yyyyy.com
X-EW-From: postmaster@xxxxx.com
To: tome@yyyyyy.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2012 8:33:42 UTC
Message-ID: 1343205222545@xxxxx.com
X-Mailer: Ewall v3.0
From: postmaster@xxxxxx.com
Subject: eWall Alert
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain

alert message here....


Also this is what it looks like in the MTA log:

7/25/2012 9:31:07 AM 2 ------ Sending file: 1343208666572.eml (postmaster@xxxxx.com->)
7/25/2012 9:31:07 AM 2 !Error: Recipient's address is missing
7/25/2012 9:31:07 AM 2 Message goes to Incomplete folder

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Johan, you can't just drop .eml file into queue folder. It requires specially formatted .xml file with same name that includes information about target server and SMTP commands.

Junior Member
User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:13 pm

Postby Johan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Are we talking about eWall 3.0, because I have done this many times before. That is how I tested my .eml files when I built them, but, obviously that building of those eml files was done under a previous version of eWall...

Developer
User avatar
Posts: 4431
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Ah... sorry, I thought about eWall 4.0. Could you please send me that email as attachment at alex@sssolutions.net, I'll try here.

Junior Member
User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:13 pm

Postby Johan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

well, what I do is -> loadFromFile, the message I need to work with, then replace some special tagging I have in the file and finally I write the file back out to disk and into the Queue folder. During the testing this worked perfectly and work perfectly for several weeks!
Anyway, the format of the file is exactly what I gave as an example in the origianl post. You could litterally replace the xxxx.com and yyyyy.com with a domain name you can test with and it would match what I have. The only reason I am doing it this way is that when I attempted to create a TMsg object and use the built in send function I had to many issues. Non if which I currently remember, but I am at this point going to go back and try using it again.

Junior Member
User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:13 pm

Postby Johan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Alex - I have changed the code to use the TMsg object and the send function. Seems to solve the problem, so consider this a closed issue.

Thanks for the quick response.

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest