Problems with Argo 1.0.5.8

The filtering plug-in for ArGoSoft Mail Server (Pro and .NET)

Problems with Argo 1.0.5.8

Postby PlanetPratt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:25 am

I just tried upgrading my ArgoSoft Mail Server.NET from 1.0.5.7 to 1.0.5.8 and my MailFilter (4.1.121) suddenly could not recognize that the Mail Filter was even installed.

I tried re-installing, but no luck. So, I reinstalled 1.0.5.7 and it started working again.

Is there a problem with the latest and greatest ArgoSoft .NET server? Is there any fix in the works?
(*Chris*)

Postby slaider » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:09 am

PlanetPratt wrote:I just tried upgrading my ArgoSoft Mail Server.NET from 1.0.5.7 to 1.0.5.8 and my MailFilter (4.1.121) suddenly could not recognize that the Mail Filter was even installed.

I tried re-installing, but no luck. So, I reinstalled 1.0.5.7 and it started working again.

Is there a problem with the latest and greatest ArgoSoft .NET server? Is there any fix in the works?
(*Chris*)

Same Problem with Argosoft 1.0.5.8 Mail Filter not Start.

Error : Mail Server Argosoft not Installed.

Thanks
Pasquale

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Hm... indeed. I've tested 1.0.5.8 and can't even add MailFilter to plugin list. I'll email to Archie.

Postby slaider » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:32 pm

'Alexander Telegin [SSS wrote:]Hm... indeed. I've tested 1.0.5.8 and can't even add MailFilter to plugin list. I'll email to Archie.

Hi Alexander

the problem is the service Mail Filter stop because send Message Argosoft mail server not installed.

I have unistall Mail Filter and after is not possible to reinstall sent message.

-- First install Argosoft Mail Server --

If downgrade to version 1.0.5.7 all works

Thanks
Pasquale

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:18 pm

OK, the problem was caused by following change in 1.0.5.8:

"Server options moved from registry to a XML file. 64 bit versions of Vista and 2008 server appear to be having access rights problems to the Windows registry, and the change will make our server more compatible with 64 bit versions; "

I will update the further versions of MailFilter and Paranoid extension to fit these changes, but for now Archie was very kind to make quick fix. Here's how to make this all working again:

Re-download and re-install latest ArGo.NET version 1.0.5.8. To make sure the version with fix is installed, open ArGo Control Panel -> Help -> About, the release date should be November 17, rather than November 12. Go to Options -> Utilities -> Maintenance -> Export settings to registry. Now MailFilter and Paranoid extension would be successfully imported.

Thanks

Postby PlanetPratt » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:49 am

Perfect, I'll give that a try. Thanks
(*Chris*)

Postby slaider » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi Alexander

will be ready when the final solution for the MailServer .NET 1.5.0.8

Thanks
Pasquale

Solution does not work on 2008 SBS

Postby compete » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I am currently testing ArgoSoft Mail Server.NET v. 1.0.5.8 with mailfilter v. 4.1.121 on a windows 2008 Small Business Server.
The fix described in this thread does not work (Options -> Utilities -> Maintenance -> Export settings to registry).
I have checked the version of Argo to be November 17 but I still get a message when trying to install Mailfilter that I need to install Argo before mailfilter even though Argo has been succesfully installed.
I suspect the problem may lie in security on the registry.
Is it possible to have info on which registry key(s) need to be modified/created/changed in order for mailfilter to recognize that Argo is installed.

For info I have been running argo/mailfilter/paranoid for a number of years on Windows 2003 SBS, but it is now time to upgrade

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:31 am

Is this 64x machine? Do you install under Administrator account?

Postby compete » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 am

Yes it is 64x machine - I believe SBS comes only as x64. I have tried various installation methods amongst others from a Command Promt started with "Run as administrator", directly "Run as administrator" and finally just double clicking on the installation program - all end with the message "ArGoSoft Mail Server is not installed. Please install Mail Server first."
I have also started MailServerUI.exe with "Run as administrator" before using "Export Settings to Registry" from Argo all to no avail.

For info here is the current comtent of the registry concerning Argo:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArGoSoft]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArGoSoft\ArGoSoftMailServer.NET]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArGoSoft\ArGoSoftMailServer.NET\Settings]
"Connection String"="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MailServerData;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=False"
"Users Path"="D:\\Mailserver.net\\_users\\"
"Program Path"="D:\\Mailserver.net\\"
"Log Path"="D:\\Mailserver.net\\_logs\\"
"License"="TzgALksh4gIUIH585GU0Jlx5B7CaCKUrQO8YuA/ohj8="
"Sql Instance"="MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS"
"LastVersionUsed"="1.0.5.8"
"Started"="22-12-2008 17:01:04"

Next

Return to MailFilter - General