Moving/upgrading Argosoft & Mailfilter

The filtering plug-in for ArGoSoft Mail Server (Pro and .NET)

Moving/upgrading Argosoft & Mailfilter

Postby John Shaffer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:14 pm

I am starting the process of upgrading to the .NET version of Argosoft from the Pro version and I am moving the server to a new machine. Do I need to also move the mailfilter install to the same machine? If so is there a way to export all my rules that are in my current install and import them into my new location?

My plan was to install the .NET version and do the export/import of my domains/users into the new install. I have alot of filters set in MF and don't want to have to re-create them all if I have to move MF to the new machine also.

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 am

Yes, MailFilter should be moved along with mail server. To move all MailFilter settings, after install copy entire MailFilter folder to the new location.

Postby John Shaffer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:54 pm

OK, Thanks... After looking at the Directory Structure I was hoping that was all I had to do.

Stats directory

Postby John Shaffer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 pm

I copied the Mailfilter directory over to my new host and noticed as it was copying alot of old user names flashing by so I went and searched the DIR and found alot of old user folders in the Stats DIR. That along with some folders that have the same name as alot of SPAM I see in my spam filter. Are these folders there for a reason or can I cleanup and delete all but my active users?

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Yes, you can remove old folders.

Return to MailFilter - General