Paranoid being skipped?

Spam-detecting plug-in

Paranoid being skipped?

Postby Ken Goodman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 am

After updating E-wall (possibly) can't be sure of the exact date, Paranoid has ceased to see or filter e-mail (again). E-wall is using Paranoid and I have used the test button to verify that it is working. I have E-wall filters set at 30 and 60%. E-wall is not kicking out anything from Paranoid. In the Paranoid stats, it say zero e-mails, and zero rejected. Consequently there is nothing in my E-wall kickouts from Paranoid.

My logs from last week show the e-mails, and content, and ranking.

My logs after that show a temp file, the delivery address, set 60% and that is it. It is like Paranoid is not doing anything. A rescent log is attached showing minimal info.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 pm

It seems like Paranoid doesn't see DB anymore. Maybe host name or IP address changed. Try to play with DB settings in Paranoid and make sure DB engine is running.

Postby Ken Goodman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 pm

OK, I changed my server from .\SQLEXPRESS to 192.168.10.10 and errors all over the place - can't find SQL... I cannot even get back to the database screen. My accounts are gone everything is blank and nothing runs to recreate it HELP

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:36 am

You didn't specified what DB engine do you use, so I though it's MySQL. In case if it's MS SQL Express, change back to .\SQLEXPRESS and restart Paranoid service.

Postby Ken Goodman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:10 pm

After a restart, I was able to change back to .\SQLEXPRESS. On the original question, how do I verify the DB engine is running, and where do I change the host name or IP address?

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Sorry, the recommendation was for MySQL. For MS SQL Express change everything back, restart Paranoid service, re-open Control Panel and check if can connect (seeing accounts, dictionaries etc.)

Postby Ken Goodman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Everything is running as before. I can see the dictionary and the account, BUT, Paranoid is still not rejecting anything. E-wall is using Paranoid and it tests OK from E-wall. Nothing is being rejected, however. I can see thinigs in the logs appearing to be scanned by Paranoid, but nothing is being kicked out.

Developer

Postby Alexander Telegin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:29 am

Strange it worked before and suddently stopped to work. Try to import default dictionary, but change name to some "secondary" and after import select it for [Default] account. Also, if you wish I could take a look remotely.

Return to Paranoid - General